Date(s) - 01/28/2018
University Plaza Convention Center
Join us for the annual January Enshrinement presented by Killian Construction. It’s set for 5 p.m. on Sunday, January 28 at the University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center.
When: Sunday, January 28
Where: Festivities begin with an 11 a.m. reception presented by Meek’s The Builder’s Choice at the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame, 3861 E. Stan Musial Drive in Springfield. The remainder of events will be held at the University Plaza Hotel & Convention Center in downtown Springfield, with a 4 p.m. reception followed by the 5 p.m. dinner and ceremony.
Sponsorship opportunities: Sponsorship tables of 10 are $1,500 and include an autographed poster (a rendering by renowned artist Dayne Dudley), recognition in the printed program and at the table. Individual tickets are $150. Numerous opportunities are available, including congratulatory ads, trading cards and 20-month calendars.
Call the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame: 417-889-3100.
Class of 2018:
- Mike Garrett, Kansas City Chiefs running back
- Lee Smith, Louis Cardinals pitcher
- Howard Richards, University of Missouri football standout
- Jim Otis, Louis Football Cardinals & Kansas City Chiefs running back
- Martin MacDonald, Conservationist & Outdoorsman
- Gary Barnett, former Mizzou player and successful college football coach
- Holly Hesse, Missouri State University softball coach
- Doug Elgin, Commissioner of the Missouri Valley Conference
- Brian Mahaffey, a doctor with the St. Louis Cardinals & a former MSU baseball standout
- Christian Cantwell, Eldon native & U.S. Olympic silver medalist in the shot put
- Kerensa Barr Cassis, West Plains High School & Mizzou basketball standout
- Dan Lucy, KOLR 10 TV Sports Director
- Tony Severino, Rockhurst High School football coach
- Steve Tappmeyer, a longtime basketball coach for Northwest Missouri State University
- Rick Grayson, PGA teaching professional named one of the sports’ top 100 teachers
- Learfield, a leading sports broadcasting company in the United States.
- Lamar High School Football Program
- Springfield-Greene County Park Board
- Independent Printing – John Q. Hammons Founders Award
- Rick Todd of Herschend Family Entertainment – President’s Award